I know the route.
This is where it will start.
This is the end. The finishline of all finish line. I will not stop until I get here.
It’s the ultimate test of patience, tolerance and endurance.
I have the plan.
Yes. It’s the run for the buckle. It’s my own race against myself.
Anyone can blah blah all day…
…but not everyone can make sense all the time.
There’s always something that would interests anybody…
…but there’s always something that will really not matter at all.
In the “small” community of ultrarunners, a lot of things just don’t matter. Yeah, a lot! Let me list them down for you:
- timing chips – who needs them? a simple stopwatch can do the trick
- extra stubs on the bib – (I don’t need them myself!) – baggage, drinks, discounts, etc. etc. etc.
- overwhelming # of sponsors attached to the name of the race – who gets all those stuff? (nagtatanong lang po!)
- overpriced race (divide the price of registration over the distance you’d run) – why that much?
- lootbags – who started this practice ba?
- portalets – this is supposed to be where the adventure is! (beer muna kayo!)
- loop cords – this just won’t apply.
- guided-stretching-minutes-before-gunstart – hehehe. you know this don’t you?
I have my eyes fixed on a particular event come 2012. It’s the longest ultramarathon of that year (so far). I hope to be able to continue training and sustain the passion for it. By God’s grace I hope to be able to be blessed with enough strength, and patience.
I also hope to find some:
- Sponsors (cash for the registration, drinks and fuel <GU,Accel,Hammer, etc.>)
- Patient and Helpful Crew
Again, by God’s loving mercy and grace – I’m confident I will be provided of my need. Amen.