There’s just so much to be thankful for in this race. So much has happened. Let me go back to a few days before event day.
FRIDAY, 24th of August 2012
- worked 8am to 5pm
- went home and tried to take a nap but failed
- passed 12 midnight, we are already in the venue for the weekly Intercessory night.
SATURDAY, 25th of August 2012
- by 3am, the service is already done.
- we just waited until about 4:30am before we left the place
- I go directly to work. Duty is @ 6am.
- Past 12noon, I was able to leave early to go home.
- Tried my best to take a nap. Barely able to.
- 5:10pm I am already @ a jeepney to Guadalupe MRT Station. Travel time took forever.
- around 6:37pm, I was able to take a ride to North Ave Station. So many people. So much pushing.
- Past 7pm, about 20 minutes more, I tried to locate the group
- 8:37pm, we were already enjoying a rice meal at KFC NLEX.
- Past 9pm, we are again moving to the race venue.
- Traffic everywhere. We reached Fort Magsaysay @ past 12 midnight.
SUNDAY, 26th of August 2012
- around 1am, I prepared everything I will carry.
- @3:10am, Thanks to AARON for waking me up.
- @3:57am – the race started.
I recorded my run via RUNTASTIC. The km-split from 1 to 61 is a sight to behold. See the details below transfered to an excel file:
Simply put, the race went from a good up-down hill pace to a fast walk on flats and jog until the finish line.
God’s loving kindness flowed thru the following people, who provided for a lot of things any self-supporting runner would need:
- Team USB – Michael Santos, Lawrence Arvin Tomas, Heidi Garcia, Ressie Mallari, Zarina Segundo, and Arvin David Quilloy
- Team Intensity – Kharl Ocampo
- Doc Minnie’s Support – Miko Sabado, Marjee Guysayko and Vann Denn Cruz
- Team Boring – Juvy Pagtalunan
- Sir Jovie Narcise
There wasn’t much problem at all. No blisters. No cramps, except for that one twitch at the last turn to the finish line. I was perfectly fine after. The mix of the sun and rain is tolerable enough for a humid place.
One thing most notable though – the majestic view of the mountains!
All praise, and thanksgiving to God Almighty!