Last Sunday’s feat at the 33rd Manila Milo Marathon Elimination proved my need for a lot of things.
1. I really need to train more for speed. The finish time proved this. I arrived at around 16 minutes past the cut.off.
2. I need to train more under the heat. The sun toasted me for the nth time and I was left with no choice but to pour some water on my head from time to time…which eats up time.
3. I need to train harder within time constraints. Lesser time on walk-breaks…More focus on the run.
4. I need to improve my eat and run turn-over. Drinking is easy. Munching something is different. Unless of course, it’s just some sports beans or raisins or some energy gels.
5. I need to increase my weekly mileage to a higher level. The why is mine to keep.
The next big day is the QCIM. How I will prepare for this is something I’d like to be quite perfect.
I intend to beat my two previous Full Marathon time.
I intend to really improve my VO2 on my short races.
I intend to set some more new improved time on each races.
I intend to be very much prepared for the Ultra Runs next year.
May GOD our Father, who loves us so much, continue to keep us away from injury and overtraining. Amen.