Cebu City =
* the city located on the eastern shore of Cebu and was the first Spanish settlement in the Philippines.
* the centre of a metropolitan area – which includes the cities of Mandaue, Lapu-Lapu and Talisay.
* an independent and chartered city.
* one of three centers of education in the country. (ask me of the other two ha!)
* a significant cultural centre – seat of the most famous landmarks:
– Magellan’s Cross
– Church of the Holy Child (Basilica Minore del Santo Niño)
But that’s not all of it. The finest comes after this sentence!
Yes. That’s one of them. An all-original Mango-Shaped Finisher’s Medal for a 42.195km run.
Braving the road of Cebu takes more than just the man in you. The kid has to be there too. Looking at the faces of the awed locals will make you think that you are indeed a celebrity. They simply cannot believe that some people would run the route at all. That’s how they impress me.
The local smiles. The local smell. The local warmth. Nice view. Nice route. = Well-organized marathon!
For many points, the Cebu Marathon topped the charts.
#1 It started with a BANG!
#2 It has flooded the road with the water and hydration the runners need!
#3 It has marshalled the route so well! I don’t see any reason for anybody to ever get lost!
#4 The best route ever!
#5 A strategic pick-up place for a race kit!
#6 Fast Race Result…Accurate thru a Timing-Chip! See here.
The Cebu Marathon indeed made a good, well-organized race. For a Full Marathon set at the start of the year, this one is indeed great! I hope that the coming races will be organized just the same if not better.