There’s this event happening on November 1 to 4, 2012. See the event page here.
1st Multi-Day Stage Ultramarathon Run In The Country (3 Days)Starting Area: Remy Field Oval Track, Subic Freeport Starting Time: 5:00 AM November 1, 2012 Finish Area: Barangay Lucap, Alaminos, Pangasinan Finish Time: 8:00 AM November 4, 2012 Distances To Cover: 1st Day: 70K 2nd Day: 70K 3rd Day (Night Run): 60K Registration Fee: P 3,000.00 LIMITED SLOTS ONLY
That’s just some part of the details at the event page.
Anyone crazy enough to accept the challenge will have to think more than twice for this. Yeah, subject to one’s resources, of course. As for me, I intend to join this one. If the Lord is willling.
Here goes my plan too.
#1 Set aside all thoughts about BDM 160, and 102. Despite of the big hunger to join both. Subject to financial constraints, and work schedule.
TRANSPORT TO THE STARTING LINE
- commute via bus. I will have to check the last trip to Subic, though.
- stick to my easy slow pace. run as long as I can, walk to recover, and jog until I can run again.
- stick to my tested drinks. water with hydrite, water only, mountain dew, cobra and either moo, or chuckie tetra packs.
- light meals only every 1.5 hours. bico? cassava cake? hotdog and rice?
CHANGE OF GEAR
- depending on the weather. I hope it will not be too hot on the day, nor too cold at night. It will be tough to carry a lot of dri-fit shirts and shorts, and pairs of shoes.
- since I will be doing this on self support (God, help me!), I will be carrying with me some portable seat and tent. Where the day ends, it’s where I stop too. I have a ready bag for this one. It’s tested to be tough, and light.
TRANSPORT TO HOME
- 1st day = 70K in 11 hours.
- 2nd day = 70K in 13 hours.
- 3rd night = 60K in 11 hours.
- will listen well to my body.
- will never run above my easy pace – unless I MUST
- will walk as fast as I can
- will minimize stops
I offer everything to the Lord. May this race, and my run glorify His name. I lift everything up to Him with all my trust. He is my God and He is my great provider. He is all I have too. 🙂
To those whose heart is inclined to support me, please do send me a message. I will need all the support I can get from anybody, of any kind. Yes, I do accept anything. No ifs, no buts. Just lots of thanks.
All this will be…IF the Lord is willing.